Cariboo Ski Touring Club is providing a lesson package of three sessions with 1 ½ hours on snow per lesson not including fitting boots and skis. The total time commitment per session is 2 ½ hours. All of our youth coaches are NCCP certified coaches and have criminal record checks.
To book your class, or for more information please contact:
Click here to download the Youth Ski School Booking Calendar.
For other information and forms:
- Welcome back SD 28 Teachers Information
- CSTC Lesson Plan Goals
- CSTC Ski School Process on Arrival
- CSTC School Booking Form
- CSTC Teacher Worksheet
- CSTC Youth Ski School: Program Group Lists
- CSTC Youth Ski School: Breakfast is Imperative
- CSTC Youth Ski School: How to dress for XC Skiing
- The Cariboo Ski Touring Club has developed the Youth Ski Program in partnership with School District #28 (Quesnel) and Rocky Peak Adventure Gear, Quesnel Rotary, the Lions Club Quesnel Community Foundation and Community Futures.
- Booking Information
- We are flexible and can work with you to accommodate special needs and abilities. Our coaches are all CCBC certified and have current criminal record checks. We have equipment and coaches for up to 65 students at a time.
Step 1- Book your session dates- Please complete the School Booking Form and email to Cariboo Ski Touring Club at your earliest convenience. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. After you book the rest of the forms will be emailed to you.
NOTE: The CSTC Elementary School Ski Program requires one parent supervisor per 8/10 children to assist the children, help oversee the group during lessons, pull up the rear on the trails, provide assistance to children putting on and taking off gear. Please remember though, that the lessons are for the children, and parents need to be comfortable enough on skis to manage themselves. CSTC will outfit one parent supervisor/group at no charge. All other visiting parents will receive a special rate of $10.00/half day for rental equipment and trail fee.
If you would like to book a group, have any questions or require clarification, please email email@example.com
Fee Structure Half Day:
Total Cost per student for each session is $17 per session. This price includes PST, equipment, trail pass and the lesson.
Outline of Session
Suggested Half Day Itinerary** sessions can begin earlier or start later to accommodate school schedules.
Arrive at Hallis Lake Lodge: 9:30 a.m.
Equipment Sign Out: 9:30 – 10:00 a.m.
Lesson with Instructor: 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Return Equipment: 11:30 – 11:45 a.m.
Return Back to School: 12:00 noon
Cariboo Ski Touring Club will re-schedule classes using the second or alternative options:
- if temperature is below -15 degrees celsius at Hallis Lake
- If SD 28 school busses are cancelled
Cariboo Ski Touring Club will bill the school after the lesson is complete, so numbers participating are accurate. If predicted number of students indicated on the booking sheet is much higher, than the number of students that participate, the school will be billed to cover the anticipated number of instructors hired.